Locked Keys in Car
You are on your way, and your day is going smoothly with every move falling into place. That is until you shut the car door behind you only to realize your keys are locked inside the vehicle. Don’t panic, and don’t waste even a second worrying. There is a safe, timely, and easy solution to your inconvenience of discovering that you have locked keys in your car.
First, know that you are not the only person who has to face locked keys inside a vehicle. It happens all of the time, and is a very common service call for locksmiths. A qualified professional locksmith will be able to show up where you are with the skill and tools needed to get your vehicle unlocked, retrieve your keys, and get you back on the road again.
Before you call for professional help, there are a couple do-it-yourself tips that most people try, usually without success:
- Walk around your car to make sure that the doors are truly locked. For cars with a hatchback, sometimes you will be able to enter through the back hatch. If your doors are, in fact, locked tight and there is no hatch to enter, it’s time to try another method.
- You can always try to open the door yourself. If you have an older model vehicle, you may be able to pop the lock by running a coat hangar through the top of the window. However, attempts like this are most likely going to leave damage to your vehicle that insurance won’t cover. Also, newer model cars are not made with the old style of push-button locks that were easier to pop.
Before you leave damage to your car or waste time with self-made methods of getting to your keys inside your car, simply make a phone call to a mobile locksmith who will be able to arrive to help in 30 minutes or less. There are some mobile locksmiths who will even come to you to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on the weekend, and even on holidays. All it takes is a phone call, and they are on their way with someone who is skilled in opening locks with ease and leaving no damage.
Maybe your situation is an extreme emergency, like these:
- Your keys are locked inside your car, and the engine is still running.
- Your child is locked inside with or without the engine running.
- Your pet is trapped inside, and it is a hot or frigid cold day.
- Your keys are locked inside the trunk.
One of the benefits of calling a locksmith as soon as you realize your keys are locked inside is that they will come to your location, trained and ready to use the most effective and safest method to get you back inside your car and retrieve your keys. The specific tools or methods they use depends upon your specific vehicle and individual situation.
When you call, the dispatcher will need to know where you are, so be aware of your surroundings and try to get a cross street or exact address. The locksmith dispatcher will also ask for a brief description of your situation as well as the make, model, type, and year of vehicle.
Locked Keys in Car? Call a Locksmith for Car Lockout Service!
Don’t hesitate! As soon as you discover that you have locked keys in your car, call a locksmith you can trust. Don’t wait until you are in an emergency to research local, mobile locksmith companies. Start today, when you are not in a panicked and desperate situation or in a hurry, late for an important event or meeting. Find a qualified mobile locksmith now, so you are ready when you need the services.